Why we like it
- Dramatic location perched on the edge of the gorge
- Built by international award winning conservationist Clive Stockil
- Hiking trails to Chivilia Falls
- Pristine wilderness and untamed wildlife of Gonarezhou
- A truly remote corner of Africa
About Chilo Gorge Safari Lodge
The luxurious rooms at Chilo Gorge have spacious en suite bathrooms, private balconies and seating areas with commanding views over the plains. Families can choose to stay in two of the rooms with an extended interconnecting balcony. The materials used are all natural, so the lodge blends beautifully with its surroundings.
The main lodge is unbelievably relaxing: a shaded swimming pool for a cooling dip, a sumptuous lounge for resting, a library for selecting an enlightening tome; all surrounded by beautifully-tended gardens. The viewing deck is ideal for watching local elephants and hippos cooling off in the waters.