Why we like it
- Nestled on the bank of the mighty Zambezi
- Stay in spacious and luxurious suites, all with a private plunge pool and deck
- Enjoy a combination of private dining and social dining all accompanied with a fine wine list
- Experience an array of activities, from game drives and walking safaris to canoe excursions
- Stay in the exclusive Matetsi River House, a four-bedroom villa perfect for a family holiday
Matetsi is an award-winning safari lodge nestled beside the Zambezi river. It’s situated just 40 kilometres upstream from the iconic Victoria Falls.
The property showcases its founder John Gardiner’s passion for hospitality and conservation. Harmonious design incorporating hand-beaten copper, polished-earth walls and woven branches allow it to blend in with its surroundings. Modern luxuries include cosy, contemporary furnishings and 21st century African artwork.
There are a range of accommodation options to suit individuals, couples and families. Stay in one of the spacious, river-facing suites, complete with private plunge pool and decked area. You’ll have the mighty Zambezi on your doorstep.
The Matetsi Private Game Reserve encompasses 55,000 hectares of untamed land. With this wilderness as your back garden, be sure to explore. Discover meandering tributaries navigated by crocodile and swathes of savanna grazed by elephant and buffalo. Enjoy safaris from dusk till dawn. Experienced guides will accompany you every step taken, mile driven and riverbend turned, ensuring that you stay safe and informed.
From your base at Matetsi, embark on tailor-made excursions to Victoria Falls. This breath-taking natural wonder is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and an essential stop during any Zimbabwe holiday.