Why we like it
- Landmark luxury hotel situated in the vibrant city of Chengdu within the Sichuan Province.
- Iconic high rise build offering magnificent views overlooking the glowing Chengdu cityscape and glistening Jinjiang River.
- Spacious guestrooms and suites display an elegant, chic décor with modern furnishings and amenities.
- Three delectable restaurants serve some of the finest international and traditional cuisine in the city.
- Facilities include state-of-the-art fitness centre, indoor swimming pool and the luxury CHI, The Spa.
About Shangri-La Hotel Chengdu
It's just a short drive past picturesque rivers, grand bridges and streets full of hibiscus flowers and gingko trees, until you arrive at the resplendent Shangri-La Hotel in the history-rich city of Chengdu. As you step into the majestic lobby, you are welcomed into a higher class by the gracious concierge. The stunning high rise building comprises of 593 guestrooms and expansive suites with refined interior design and floor-to-ceiling windows framing striking views of the Jinjiang River or bustling city centre.
Dining presents itself in the form of Shangri-La's signature restaurant, the Shang Palace serving traditional Cantonese-style dishes and the bold, piquant flavours of Sichuan specialities. Witness the talented chefs skillfully prepare a wide array of international cuisines in one of the nine open food theatres at the exuberant Café Z, before heading into the lively atmosphere of Mooney's Bar to enjoy classic cocktails and the live nightly entertainment.
After an exhausting day of business or pleasure, retreat to the CHI Spa with 11 luxurious private spa suites and herbal steam facilities. Here you can experience holistic treatments, deriving from traditional Asian therapies, to relax the mind and renew the body.
This Shangri-La Hotel is ideally placed to explore the vibrant streets, colourful markets, unique museums and religious temples of this laid-back city.