Why we like it
- All suites and villas have private outdoor spaces
- Banyan Tree is located in the old town of Lijiang, known as the Venice of the Orient with its dizzying array of water canals, quaint bridges and cobble-stoned streets
- Four restaurants serve an array of regional Chinese menus, broader Asian cuisine and international fare
- Banyan Tree Spa takes a holistic approach to physical and spiritual well-being, drawing on Asian traditions that date back centuries
- Other facilities include bars and lounges, a fitness centre, yoga, tennis courts and a wealth of activities
About Banyan Tree Lijiang
Designed along Naxi architectural lines, the Banyan Tree's luxurious villas are built around courtyards and reflect the rich fabric of the area through furnishings and design. At the centre of the resort is a lake festooned with red lanterns, which reflect from its surface at night.
The suites and villas are masterpieces of design that bring together modern, stripped back luxury and authentic cultural notes - for instance an elegant oriental palette of red, gold and black, traditional sweeping roof designs taken from the local Naxi culture and local objets d'art.
This hotel, with is wonderful design touches and exemplary service is upstaged only by its splendid views of the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain.