Why we like it
- Songtsam Linka Shangri-La is the flagship property of the Songtsam lodges
- Located next to the Songzanlin Monastery, the largest Tibetan monastery in Yunnan province
- Decorated in Tibetan style with handpicked antiques
- One restaurant and a bar offering a variety of cuisine from western to Tibetan
- Leisure facilities include a sauna, hammam, Turkish steam bath and massages are available
About Songtsam Linka Shangri-La
The Songtsam Linka Shangri-La is a boutique lodge with 75 rooms and suites, each decorated with traditional Tibetan carpets and antiques. Some of the rooms are compact, but all have modern comforts and complimentary broadband and wireless internet access. The copper sinks in the bathrooms have been handmade, and all the bathrooms have been recently renovated.
The lodge is housed in a traditional Tibetan dwelling within this typical, self-sufficient Tibetan farming village.
One complimentary ticket for Songzanlin Monastery is provided for each guest at Songtsam Shangri-la.