Why we like it
- Located in Tacheng one of the most fertile places in China
- Nine spacious deluxe rooms all with a wide balcony and a view of the terraced field
- Organic rice is produced from the fields in front of the lodge and provides all of the Songtsam Lodges with fresh organic rice
- Activities available from the lodge include guided hikes along the mountain trails, cooking classes, working in the garden, shopping for vegetables or fruit in the village with hotel staff and a half day excursion to view Yunnan Golden Monkeys
- There is an outdoor swimming pool
About Songtsam Tacheng
The lodge has a wonderful location to explore the beautiful area that is Tacheng. A small and intimate property beautifully designed to make the most of the stunning views around.
The nine spacious deluxe rooms showcase locally handcrafted furniture and fittings that capture the very essence of local art, including hand laid timber floors, oak wall panelling as well as a large collection of Tibetan rugs.
Tacheng is also home to the charming, endangered Yunnan Golden Monkeys (Rhinopithecus bieti).