Why we like it
- Fairmont Peace Hotel is known as the "Mansion of the East"
- One of the finest luxury hotels in the premier location on the Bund
- Over 80 years old this landmark hotel has timeless grandeur
- Six restaurants and lounges including the endeared Jazz Bar and terrace on the eighth floor with unrivalled panoramic views
- Willow Steam Spa offering a sublime menu of treatments from modern beauty treatments to Ancient Chinese rituals
About Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai
The Fairmont Peace Hotel has been beautifully restored to its former glory with the addition of modern facilities but still very much keeping with the 1930's feel of the hotel that made it so famous. Art Deco is the style of the hotel from the dinner plates in the restaurant to the art and the wallpaper that has been chosen, everything has been perfectly thought out and well placed to create luxurious surroundings of a bygone era still fitting into today's modern life.
The hotel has a stunning position on the Bund facing the Pudong area over the Huangpu River. Each guestroom and suite has been luxuriously decorated with opulent furnishings and modern amenities - providing an experience that is both indulgent and exquisite.
On the eighth floor of the hotel is the Peace lounge with its famous sprung-timber dance floor, reminiscent of the glory days of the hotel the lounge is beautiful and must be visited. Leisure facilities include 2 spa tubs, an indoor swimming pool, a fitness suite, sauna and steam room and the Willow Stream Spa.
In 1992, Peace Hotel was listed as one of the famous hotels of the world by the World Hotel Association. It remains the only hotel in China to have received this recognition.