Why we like it
- Surrounded by rice terraces and dense rainforest, this luxurious retreat enjoys direct access to the sacred Wos River
- Each guest has a personal assistant during their stay
- Relax in The Cistern, the onsite 30-metre rainforest pool
- Each of the 22 unique tents are crafted with an individual theme
- Enjoy access to a complimentary smart phone during your stay, complete with inclusive data allowance
About Capella Ubud
Between Ubud’s rainforest, rice paddy fields and the sacred Wos River, Capella Ubud brings the wonders and myths of Bali’s exotic past to life. Inspired by the early European settlers of the 1800s, celebrated architect Bill Bensley conceptualised this ultra-luxurious tented camp as a tribute to their spirit of adventure.
All retreats boast a private saltwater Jacuzzi pool, lavish indoor and outdoor bathrooms, a spacious lounge and bedroom, as well as two outdoor decks. The camp’s timeless charm is balanced by modern conveniences such as air-conditioning, WiFi, complimentary smart phones inclusive of data, a refreshment trunk and an Illy espresso machine.
Gastronomists can indulge at the culinary tent, which offers a choice of two inventive restaurants and bespoke gourmet journeys. The Camp Fire is a gathering place to meet our local storyteller over pulled hot chocolate and roasted marshmallows at night. Auriga, the onsite spa, offers an array of pampering treatments, while the tented gym showcases fitness equipment for those who like to work out in style.
Sensitivity to Ubud’s densely forested terrain is a top priority. No tree was cut during construction so that the resort remains a hidden sanctuary, capturing the imagination of those who aspire to a truly unique experience.