Why we like it
- Unashamedly luxurious: Hermes bath products, iPad, Apple TV and movie entertainment system in room
- The spa does a great line in aloe vera treatments – perfect if you’ve overdone the bronzing
- You can borrow mountain bikes should you fancy taking time away from the pool to explore
- The simple white suites are unfussy and let the colourful outdoors do the talking
- Every dinner is an extravaganza of five courses cooked by an exceptionally talented chef
About The Lombok Lodge
Forget strict dining timetables and staid service: Lombok Lodge designs itself around YOU. This is laid back luxury at its best – completely unpretentious, fabulously friendly and making the best of its natural resources. Lombok is blessed with verdant grasses and swaying palms, and the Lodge is no different. You’ll find dreamy gardens, a slick emerald slip of an infinity pool, gorgeous golden lighting and the most stylish of sunloungers in burnished teak. It’s a feast for the eyes, which is what lead the designers of the Lodge to furnish the inside in milky white. They’ve let natural beauty do the talking, because, let’s face it: it’s hard to outdo Indonesia for beautiful views. The suites are refreshingly cool and comfortable, with spacious terraces for lounging on if you need some time to yourself. The pool is a real show-stopper, set in the gardens with views over the bay. At night, tables are set up around the outside for romantic dinners. Chef Jiwa has worked in many fine dining establishments across Indonesia, and treats guests to five-course meal every night. Traditional dishes like lobster and seared tuna are exquisite, but there’s also pizza, posh fish and chips, sumptuous salads and delicious canapes.