Why we like it
- A hot springs resort located in Gora in the central region of Honshu
- Large, western style guest rooms and suites with beautiful views of the surrounding hills each with its own private terrace or balcony
- Two restaurants offering French and Japanese cuisine
- The bar is elegant with its own entrance and sophisticated atmosphere
- Spa Izumi offers treatments reflective of the local tradition of the area
About Hyatt Regency Hakone Resort & Spa
In many ways the Hyatt Regency Hakone Resort and Spa offers the best of both worlds - a fusion of ryokan and hotel which refuses to compromise on comfort, service, or luxury. Some rooms combine a traditional hotel style bedroom with a tatami seating area, allowing guests to enjoy the luxury of a western bed within the Zen ryokan aesthetic of traditional Japan. Complimentary drinks are served in the late afternoon in the Living Room - a cosy area of comfortable chairs gathered around a huge open fire and surrounded by a massive sweep of glass. The Dining Room serves excellent Provincial cuisine, in warm brick semi-private rooms, and the adjacent sushi restaurant caters to those looking for something a little more Japanese. The Hyatt Regency takes advantage of Hakone's abundant hot springs, and the large, communal baths are ideal for relaxation. The hotel also offers spa treatments for those in need of relaxation. Like many ryokan, the Hyatt Regency provides yukata robes which can be worn throughout the hotel. The resort is easily accessible from major cities in Japan, at just one and a half hours' drive west of Tokyo and a two-and-a-half-hour bullet train journey east of Osaka.