Why we like it
- Traditional Takayama-style Ryokan situated in the quaint old town
- Close to the world heritage sites of Gokayama Gassho-no-sato and Shirakawa-go
- Within walking distance of Takayama Station
- Just 18 Japanese-style guestrooms capture the essence of the local culture
- Hida Takayama onsen and private viewing bath
About Oyado Koto No Yume Ryokan
This unique art-style Ryokan lies in the heart of Takayama's old town, close to many of the town's main attractions including the soothing hot springs.
As you arrive, the friendly staff will be waiting to greet you and provide you with traditional slippers and Yukata, which they kindly ask for you to wear when in the grounds of this beautiful property. Only 18 guestrooms display a contemporary Japanese interior design, with traditional futons and fabulous doonas. Each of the hotel's floors reflects a different aspect of the local life, with the third floor influenced by the characteristic old town, the fourth floor exudes the vivacity of the Takayama festival and the beauty of the natural environment is echoed high on the fifth floor. Dining is a colourful array of local and Japanese delicacies, bursting with flavour and for those opting not to dine, the hotel concierge are happy to offer advice on the best restaurants in the local area. Filled by the waters of Hida Takayama hot springs, a soak in the sensual baths will leave you feeling rejuvenated and relaxed.