Why we like it
- A secluded hideaway on a tranquil and hidden bay off the coast of Borneo
- Private balconies offer beautiful vistas of the white sand beach below and the South China Sea
- Unwind at the dedicated hilltop spa or take in the views as you whizz along the resort's zipwire
- The surrounding jungle is virtually untouched and is home to around 40% of Malaysia's flora and fauna
- The expansive outdoor space of the Two and Three Bedroom Villas make them ideal for families
About Bunga Raya Island Resort
Bunga Raya Island Resort is a luxurious jewel set on a coral reef island just off the coast of Borneo. The 47 timbered villas are located on a hidden bay framed by crescent shaped white sand beach on one side and the centuries old virgin jungle on the other. Each villa has been hand-crafted by local tradesmen and reflect the traditional simplicity of the Borneo architectural style.
Experience a voyage of discovery with one of the daily activities; kayak through emerald waters, explore the mangroves, catch a sight of Hornbills as you trek through thick jungles bursting with flora and fauna or dive into ocean treasures. In high season, the wind blows towards the south east leaving the bays waters incredibly calm, making them ideal for swimming, especially for children and snorkellers.