Why we like it
- Luxury island resort within the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park
- Accessible by speedboat transfer from Sutera Harbour Marina
- Contemporary villas and suites blend harmoniously into the beautiful tropical surroundings
- Experience the natural environment and cultural heritage of the region with the resorts PURE activities
- The unique Spa Village, hidden among the mangroves, offers treatments inspired by ancient practices
About Gaya Island Resort
Gaya Island Resort at Pulau Gaya, peeks out from the hillside among vibrant tropical mangroves overlooking the glistening coastline of Maloham Bay. Accessible by just a short 15 minute speedboat ride from Kota Kinabalu on mainland Borneo, the island is a natural haven of tranquillity, comprised of ancient rainforest and sheltered coral reef, with only minimal motorised vehicles used.
Accommodation comes in a variety of luxury villas, from exotic Canopy Villas buried among the leafy green rainforest, to Bayu Villas looking out to the dazzling turquoise sea, and the Kinabalu Villas offering the resorts best view of the striking Mount Kinabalu. The Suria Suites are large and luxurious, boasting 188 square metres and two elegantly designed bedrooms, looking out towards an outdoor private veranda; the perfect spot for a sun-dappled afternoon snooze.
Explore the island and culture with one of the resorts PURE experiences, from nature trails in the forest to private dives, to observe the colourful marine life, or simply relax by the 40m lap pool with a chilled beverage and your favourite book. Witness the chefs whip up Asian-Pacific delights in the open kitchen of Feast Village, or enjoy fine dining in a rooftop setting overlooking magnificent vistas across the bay, as you tuck into delicious freshly prepared seafood.