Why we like it
- Set in the Taman Negara National Park, home to the oldest tropical rainforest in the world
- Ideally located at the beginning of numerous jungle trails
- An eco-tourism resort with traditional wooden chalets
- Home to authentic Malaysian restaurant, Seri Mutiara
- A visit to Taman Negara blends beautifully with a trip to the Cameron Islands
About Taman Negara Resort
Located in the heart of the Taman National Park, Mutiara Taman Negara Resort is a comprehensive wildlife resort rather than a jungle retreat. The kampong-style wooden chalets are inspired by traditional Malaysian architecture and afford a simple but comfortable stay, with all of the eco-friendly chalets offering views of either the jungle or the Tembeling River for a true rainforest experience. Nestled deep within the 130 million year old forest, the Mutiara Taman Negara Resort is only accessed by longboat along the Tembeling and Tahan Rivers as the delicate sounds of nature echo around you.
Taman Negara is Peninsular Malaysia's largest National Park, covering 4343 square kilometres and home to a huge variety of ancient flora and fauna species. A stay at this resort is about the jungle experience, so all the activities provided take place alongside one of the resort's knowledgeable guides. Our favourite is the Canopy Walk, where you can explore the ancient forest from the heights of a suspended causeway - and in addition to the abundant wildlife, you might also spot the Orang Asli people who still live a nomadic lifestyle. In the evening, we recommend embarking on a Night Safari in order to observe the Park's weird and wonderful luminescent fungi and array of nocturnal creatures.