Why we like it
- Sails in the Desert is located in the Ayers Rock Resort, in the living cultural landscape of Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park
- Dining options include the lively, buffet-style Winkiku Restaurant and the award winning signature restaurant, Kuniya
- Red Ochre Spa offers a range of health and beauty treatments
- The resort has five swimming pools
- Other facilities include bars and lounges, the Mulgara Art Gallery, shops and a children's play ground. The hotel offers over 65 tours, local activities and attractions within the Resort and the Uluru (Ayers Rock) - Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) National Park
About Sails in the Desert
Named after the soaring white sails that crown its roof, Sails in the Desert is Ayers Rock Resort's premier hotel. The hotel's interiors are exquisitely furnished and designed, with decor focused on Aboriginal heritage and significant artwork which is on display throughout.
The hotel offers three accommodation options. Spacious standard rooms have deluxe king or twin queen beds and include air-conditioning and the Spa Rooms have extended balconies with an open-air spa. The Deluxe Suites are over twice the size of the Spa Rooms and provide separate living/dining and sleeping areas, as well as balconies overlooking the garden. The real star, of course, is the location, which is truly breath taking.