Why we like it
- Secluded island resort 89kms off the coast of Queensland.
- Home to an abundance of wildlife including Sea Turtles, various birds and a myriad of colourful fish.
- Total of 109 rooms across the island with their own private terrace or balcony.
- Perfect choice or those seeking to swim, dive or snorkel with 20 Great Barrier Reef dive sites nearby.
- No crowds or reef tourists to spoil the tranquil setting.
About Heron Island Resort
Live and breathe one of the world's most spectacular natural wonders at this exclusive resort. Heron Island is only open to guests of the 109 comfortable rooms, meaning there are no day-trippers and crowds to spoil the peace and tranquillity.
Due to the rich natural environment, you will be sharing the island with an abundance of different animals throughout the year. In January, female turtles lay their eggs and you can witness tiny hatchlings making their way out to sea. In June, Humpback Whales can be seen passing the island during their Northern migration, and the annual synchronised mass spawning of corals usually occurs in November. As a World Heritage Marine Park, all wildlife and plants are protected and there are guidelines in place to minimalise disruption.
Each of the spacious rooms feature a private balcony or terrace offering private space to relax and enjoy the views. Interiors are fresh and contemporary with white-washed walls and wooden furnishings. The island is small enough to walk around in 20 minutes yet offers everything you need for a truly memorable stay. As the sun seeks the horizon, retreat to the modern comforts of Baillie's Bar to watch the serene sunset, cocktail in hand.
Look no further for an unforgettable family holiday, children below 12 years of age enjoy complimentary accommodation and meals for the duration of their stay. In addition, the Junior Ranger program, developed by an expert team of Marine Biologists, offers a unique and educating nature experience for the islands young explorers.