Why we like it
- All rooms have a private decks
- A tiny gem adoring the translucent waters of Australia's Great Barrier Reef, the resort is a diving paradise
- A beach restaurant serves fine food and wine whilst Osprey's Restaurant serves Australian, Asian and European cuisine
- Azure Spa offers treatments that bring ancient indigenous medicines and massage techniques together with aromatherapy, colour therapy, sound therapy and herbalism principles
- The resort has a freshwater swimming pool
About Lizard Island Resort & Spa
Lizard Island is truly secluded from the rest of the world, located right on the Great Barrier Reef, and surrounded by 24 powdery-white beaches as well as a wealth of diving opportunities. The 40 luxurious suites are elegant, spacious and contemporary with either ocean or beach views. Decorated in pure white, the rooms are understated, contemporary and chic - with flashes of colour provided by bold upholstery and wooden detailing. All are wonderfully located in tropical gardens high on Sunset Ridge or on the broad, sweeping arc of Anchor Bay - they manage to combine total privacy with wonderful views.