Why we like it
- Iconic luxury retreat founded in the 1920's
- Just 25 rooms including two exclusive Huka Lodge Cottages
- Ranked 5th within the World's Top 20 International Hideaways
- Spectacular riverside location perfect for keen anglers
- Previous guests include Queen Elizabeth II, Rod Stewart and Michael Palin
About Huka Lodge
A member of the select Small Leading Hotels of the World group, this internationally acclaimed retreat was the dream of a young Irish angler who was captivated by its unique setting on the banks of the Waikato River in the 1920s - and to this day it remains a fisherman's paradise.
With unrivalled riverside location it is considered to be the iconic New Zealand retreat, offering an elegant and welcoming haven where guests can enjoy the highest standard of comfort and hospitality. Located in Taupo, in the centre of New Zealand's North Island, it is just over an hours drive from Rotorua.
The 18 lodge rooms, one suite and the two exclusive Huka Lodge Cottages are harmonious and deliberately simple in approach. The soft light and layers of well appointed luxury complement the restful forest and river scenery and ensure that you have a luxurious base to return to after your day's activities.