Why we like it
- Individual cottages are scattered down a hillside towards one of Antigua's most beautiful beaches below. All have private plunge pools
- Hermitage Bay is set among acres of lush vegetation and terraced gardens
- Executive Chef, Dezi Banhan, mixes Caribbean and European flavours with an emphasis on local, organic ingredients
- The spa offers an exclusive 'Dorissima' experience. Created by Doris Brugger, Dorissima offers treatments based on the seven 'Chakra' colours
- An infinity edge pool is separated from the beach by a tranquil outdoor lounge area
About Hermitage Bay
Tucked into a beautiful bay in one of the most secluded corners of Antigua, Hermitage Bay is a perfect, retreat - exclusive, spacious and beautiful. Spanning 16 acres of lush tropical gardens, this eco-chic, luxury hotel provides all the comforts of a five star resort without compromising the natural habitat that thrives around it.
Each of the 13 beach cottages (some beachfront and some overlooking the gardens) has a spacious split level lounge and patio, while the 17 hillside pool suites afford the added luxury of large wrap-around decks and private plunge pools. Each has been constructed using purpleheart, greenheart, and other woods harvested from sustainably managed forests in Guyana. All have open floor plans, outdoor showers, and screened louvres in place of glass doors and windows - giving them the feel of luxurious cabins or 'high-end tree-houses'.
The décor is simple and unassuming throughout the resort - pristine white Italian linens, plush ivory cushions and light, textured walls soften the rich hues of the floorboards, large, comfortable furniture and vaulted ceilings. Even so, Hermitage Bay's open-air facilities are the unmistakeable highlight. Even when the resort is full, the sense of space is overwhelming.