Why we like it
- Kamalame Cay is a 96-acre private island hideaway and an oasis of calm and tranquillity just off the coast of Andros Island
- All the suites and villas have private verandas
- The main restaurant serves Caribbean cuisine
- The Spa at Kamalame Cay offers a wide range of specially designed massages and beauty treatments
- The resort has a heated, fresh water pool edged with towering Silver Palms
About Kamalame Cay
With three miles of sugar soft sandy beaches and some of the best fishing and diving in the Caribbean, Kamalame Cay is a unique, romantic hideaway. Accessible only by private ferry or seaplane, its laid back, informal 'house party' atmosphere and barefoot luxury demands total relaxation.
Just a handful of rooms and suites are dotted around the island - including Marina Rooms, Beach Rooms, individual Cottage Suites or the fabulous Villa Suites. Every Cottage or Villa Suite is private and secluded, built from native stone and furnished with Indonesian furniture. All have 20 foot high wood beam ceilings, large bathrooms with oversized soaking tubs or showers with sea views. The beach and the ocean are on the doorstep of every one.
The resort's Great House is the perfect place to rendezvous for meals and cocktails, whilst quiet places, ideal for reading and relaxation, are around every corner.