Why we like it
- Nestled in lush gardens and a few paces from the Caribbean Sea, each Garden View cottage has a private screened porch
- Turtle Inn is a beachfront paradise north of the Creole fishing village of Placencia
- Fresh seafood and traditional Italian cooking come together at the flagship restaurant, The Mare, whilst there are three additional dining options
- The resort is close the best beach swimming in Belize and has two infinity pools
- Other facilities include a dive shop, gift store, gelato bar and wine bar, whilst activity options include salt water fly or sport fishing, diving or visiting Lubaantun Mayan site or the Cockscomb Jaguar Reserve
About Turtle Inn
Turtle Inn is a true labour of love. Less than a year after Francis and Eleanor Coppola acquired this beachside refuge in 2001, it was swept out to sea by the forces of Hurricane Iris. Turning disaster into triumph, the Coppolas led a two-year reclamation project, creating a magnificent resort that is consistently ranked among the best in Central and South America.
A 25-room seafront hideaway, it combines natural wonders with luxury and style. All rooms are in individual thatched cottages, decorated with handcrafted Balinese furnishings and naturally cooled by the ever-present sea breezes. Just steps beyond each private deck, the white-sand beach dissolves into the clear Caribbean ocean.