Why we like it
- All suites have two terraces with the best panoramic volcano and mountain views
- Arenal Kioro is set at the foot of the spectacular Arenal Volcano within 27 acres of undulating private land
- The hotel has four restaurants, all offering delicious cuisine and stunning views
- An outdoor pool is surrounded by lush gardens
- Other facilities include the unique Titokú hot springs experience, a fitness centre, bars and lounges, a gift shop and a games room
About Arenal Kioro
Kioro is the area's first luxury hotel. With uninterrupted views of the most active volcano in Costa Rica and spectacular orange glow of its regular pyroclastic lava flows, it is fabulously located.
The hotel is set in 27 acres of undulating land, surrounded by two streams (La Palma and Kioro) carrying crystalline waters that rise in the Arenal Volcano National Park. Its building nestle amongst lush vegetation, with only their tiled roofs visible from a distance. The main building is constructed from a mixture of wood and glass, to ensure that the superb views are always available.\
Accommodation is located in a series of separate buildings and comprises 53 suites, 11 with one king bed and a daybed and 42 with two Queen bed and a day bed. All have two terraces with the best panoramic volcano and mountain views around, and are equipped with hydro-massage baths, air conditioning, coffee makers, satellite television, internet connections, and more. Décor is comfortable and homely, whilst objets d'art add individual touches in each.
Of course, a wide range of unmissable excursions are available - from hiking the volcano to a day-long boat tour into the Caño Negro National Park, a biologically diverse area of pristine jungle a few miles from the Nicaraguan border.