Why we like it
- The lodge is surrounded by some of the most biologically diverse rainforests on earth
- Explore the tranquil waters of Cativo Bay by kayak or stand-up paddleboard
- Stroll through the colourful gardens, which are abundant with butterflies, exotic birds and a variety of plants
- Indulge your senses and enjoy a delicious meal at the farm-to-table restaurant
- Relax and watch the sun set over Golfo Dulce from the freshwater swimming pool
About Playa Cativo Lodge
Set in the heart of Costa Rica’s rainforest on the coast of Golfo Dulce, Playa Cativo is a luxury eco lodge offering exquisite accommodation. Accessible only by boat, its 1,000 acres of private rainforest reserve are bordered by Piedras Blancas National Park. Renowned for its rich diversity of flora, the national park acts as a refuge for many threatened species. Playa Cativo’s design seems to work in harmony with its natural surroundings – from the lush rainforest to the property’s stunning grounds and ocean-front setting.
This exclusive eco lodge offers 17 guestrooms along with a private beach-front casita and a gourmet farm-to-table restaurant. You can also opt to take part in a range of ocean and rainforest activities. The different eco-systems that surround the resort, including wetlands, allow you to observe a large and diverse variety of birds and animals in a relatively small area. You can embark on a self-guided hike, passing Cayetono’s organic farm where fresh vegetables and herbs are grown. Or you can stroll across the beach towards the pier, a great place to snorkel and see a variety of tropical reef fish.