Why we like it
- Seven cosy rooms and two suites all have private balconies with striking estuary and ocean views
- Casa Caletas is located on a 5,000-acre farm above the Rió Jabillo and its mangrove estuary, on the striking and unexplored Gulf of Nicoya
- A lovely restaurant is set in a grass-roofed cabaña-style building
- The hotel's infinity edge pool affords incredible views from an elevated location
- Other facilities include bars, an indoor pool, a sunny patio and internet access, whilst activity options include surfing/boogie boarding, kayaking, windsurfing, horse riding, fishing and bird watching, as well as a range of tours and excursions
About Casa Caletas
Located on the beautiful and unexplored Gulf of Nicoya in Guanacaste, Casa Caletas occupies a perfect spot on the beautiful beaches of Coyote, Caletas, Manzanillo and Ma Pais.
The Casa itself is a wonderful building, traditionally constructed with brightly painted adobe walls, red tiles roofs and shaded verandas. Inside, the public areas, like the spacious lounge, are light and airy - again, with brightly coloured walls offset by wood and bamboo detailing. The rooms follow a similar theme and are lovely, homely spaces complete with large comfortable beds and enriched with local craft pieces.
There is no shortage of things to do whilst staying at this romantic hideaway. Allow those adventurous urges to take hold, with a kayak tour following the beautiful coastline of Nicoya, or mangrove tours providing privileged access to this fascinating and diverse habitat.