Why we like it
- All rooms afford dramatic ocean views from terraces or verandas
- The Four Seasons is set on the slender Papagayo peninsula with beaches either side
- The hotel has four restaurants, each offering superb cuisine based on regional produce, including an array of excellent meats and local seafood
- Three swimming pools immersed in lush landscaping and surrounded by spacious pool decks are at the heart of the resort - right between the two beaches
- Other facilities include a fitness centre, tennis courts, water sports, deep sea fishing, nature hikes and an Arnold Palmer designed golf course
About Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica
The Four Seasons is Costa Rica's first true luxury resort and stands in a privileged location amongst a profusion of landscapes and nature. Spilling down a hillside to an expanse of golden sand, it creates an ambience of simple luxury in this pristine natural setting.
The 153 rooms, suites and residences are all designed to capture the exotic character of Costa Rica, with comfortable rattan and bamboo furnishings, local artwork and indigenous wood and stone finishes. Each seamlessly blends indoor comfort with an open-air furnished terrace or veranda - ideal for soaking up the mesmerising views.
Guest rooms are situated within three four-storey buildings, which are set on the water's edge on both sides of the isthmus. Canopy Suites are like tree houses on the hillside, offering views through the forest canopy down to the water, whilst residences provide all the conveniences of a private home, including full kitchen and laundry facilities.