Why we like it
- El Silencio hides away in a peaceful cloud forest 90 minutes north of San José
- A Relais &Châteaux member, perfectly blends superb comfort, authenticity, and heartfelt hospitality
- High-level of service, wellness-inspired cuisine, and comfort
- Eco-Adventure park featuring 4 waterfall rappels and 4 zip-lines
- Do as much or as little as you like - the cloud forest is all around
About El Silencio Lodge & Spa
Just 90 minutes away from San José International Airport, hiding in Costa Rica's finest tropical cloud forest, El Silencio Lodge & Spa blends style and service with pampering details and authentic experiences. 16 'eco-chic' suites perch on verdant hillsides offer mesmerizing river or forest views. Private Villas feature the convenience of home amenities and are perfect for families with older children (minimum age 8). All rooms offer a private deck with artisan rocking chairs, and a relaxing heated outdoor jet pool. The main lodge houses Las Ventanas Restaurant, a coffee lounge, and a media room all with panoramic windows.
The cuisine takes inspiration from traditional dishes whilst sourcing fresh ingredients both from its own organic garden and local communities. Embedded in the forest is a yoga deck and Esencia Spa, surrounded by soothing brooks and whispering breeze. The spa promotes the best of Costa Rica's legendary natural resources from hot stone treatments to coffee and orange wraps. The Adventure Park will add eco-thrills like zip lining and waterfall rappelling! These in addition to hiking, horseback riding, and cultural experiences like oxcart design painting, tortilla palming, coffee tasting, shopping at a local market, and Tico cooking lessons.