Why we like it
- All rooms, suites and bungalows have lovely outdoor spaces with views across the rainforest
- Pacuare Lodge is an exclusive jungle hideaway nestled deep inside the rainforest on the banks of the Pacuare River
- The restaurant serves a fusion of Costa Rican and exotic dishes using the freshest, seasonally available ingredients
- Rhythmic massage and reflexology are available 'in-room'
- Some of the suites have private pools
About Pacuare Lodge
Pacuare Jungle Lodge is a superb eco-retreat tucked away deep in the heart of Costa Rica's most pristine rainforest environment, on the banks of the Pacuare River. Surrounded by nature in its purest and most primitive state, the lodge runs a great many initiatives designed to in minimising the environmental impact of local tourism - from recycling and renewable energy to community initiatives.
The lodge's nineteen bungalows and main building were designed and constructed to blend with the surrounding environment. Indeed they have been recognized by the World Tourism Organization as one of only sixty-five examples throughout the world of good practice in sustainability and ecotourism.
Constructed from local woods and palm thatch collected by Cabecar Indians, the eight cosy bungalows offer a simple, stylish luxury. Inside, they are light and airey spaces, using exposed woods, clean lined furniture and flowing fabrics to create a sense of stripped-back chic. For the ultimate in eco-luxury, the signature suites have private plunge pools.