Why we like it
- All rooms have private terraces
- Viceroy Zihuatanejo stands on the beautiful, crescent-shaped beach of Playa La Ropa, just a short distance from Ixtapa
- Two restaurants offer wonderful menus based on fresh seafood and local ingredients
- A wonderfully atmospheric spa offers a wide range of treatments. We recommend the Lava Shell Therapy
- The hotel has three swimming pools
About Viceroy Zihuatanejo
Viceroy is a fine luxury resort with only 11 rooms and 35 suites housed in one or two-storey Mexican-styled casitas tucked away amidst verdant gardens and tranquil lagoons.
No two rooms are alike. Some are decorated in natural, warm hues, while others burst with vivid Mexican colour - twisted tree trunks hold aloft a tile roof in one instance, a private terrace is framed by the fringe of its palm-thatched roof in another. Inside, all are beautiful, relaxed spaces where neutral walls and wood detailing come together with sumptuous furniture and authentic Mexican craft pieces. Modern amenities abound too, for instance iPod docking stations, flat screen TVs and DVD players.
Everywhere you look, this hotel is a study in barefoot luxury.