Why we like it
- All suites, villas and cottages have balconies or terraces, some with private plunge pools
- Located along a mile long stretch of México's best beach, Esencia Estate is a quiet, sea side refuge in the Riviera Maya just 20 minutes south of Mayakoba & Playa del Carmen
- Dinner is usually served at Sal y Fuego, the garden side open air palapa where the cuisine is authentic Meso-American
- Esencia's Aroma Spa is set in a quiet corner of the estate, where ocean breezes create a tranquil and calming atmosphere
- A lovely outdoor pool is located on a sleek terrace overlooking the beach
Esencia is a 50-acre private estate with an awe-inspiring beachfront and an indulgent atmosphere. In fact, the property and many of the buildings once served as the exclusive beach-side retreat of an Italian duchess.
The heart of Esencia is the beautiful 'Casa Grande', with its unusual Catalan dome roof overlooking a stunning beachfront pool area. The whole estate is wonderfully slick, dominated by superb clean lines and super-chic styling.
The suites, villas and cottages are simple and elegant, featuring native hardwood furnishings, crisp white walls and floors, twelve-foot high ceilings, mahogany louvered doors and large windows that frame tropical garden and sea views. Other features include 600-thread-count Egyptian cotton sheets and duvet covers, glorious down pillows and Molton Brown amenities. The extra-large bathrooms have double rain-shower heads and private chef and butler service is available at all times.