Why we like it
- All rooms feature the woven cotton hammocks for which Yucatán is famous - hung from large pegs set in the stone walls
- Hacienda Puerta Campeche is set within the city walls of Campeche opposite the Yucatán's oldest cathedral
- La Guardia Restaurant overlooks the beautiful gardens and serves a blend of regional and international cuisine
- Spa services are available, whilst the hotel also has a solarium
- The hotel has both indoor and outdoor pools
About Hacienda Puerta Campeche
The Hacienda Puerta Campeche is a luxurious hotel based in a set of flawlessly restored 17th century historical houses - its vibrant feel defined by the palette of rich colours and diverse textures found throughout.
In particular, thick stone walls and beautifully tiled floors, allied with warm oranges and yellows give this colonial gem a traditional feel. The rooms are wonderful. Located in the fully restored original buildings, most feature 18-foot ceilings with exposed beams and rafters, 10-foot wooden double doors, comfortable beds, dark, tropical hardwood cabinets, and cool tile floors.