Why we like it
- All suites have private plunge pools
- The Hacienda Temozon is conveniently located a few miles from the Pyramids of Uxmal
- Overlooking the breath-taking main gardens and the old factory buildings, the Temozon Restaurant offers a blend of regional and international cuisine
- The Hol Be Spa offers a wide range of treatments
- The hotel has an outdoor pool and Jacuzzi
About Hacienda Temozon
Once a family-run estancia and the largest producer of sisal in the area, the Hacienda Temozon recreates the belle époque of the Mexican southeast. With coral walls, white mouldings, weathered wooden doors and fine service it offers a taste of the grandeur and affluence of the past in a tropical rainforest setting.
The hacienda's stylish suites are located in the fully restored, original buildings, whose vibrant red walls overlook superb, landscaped gardens. Most rooms are named after their original use, such as Pharmacy, School, or Pay-house, and feature 18-foot ceilings with exposed beams and rafters, stone walls, massive iron beds and private plunge pools. The woven cotton hammocks, for which Yucatán is famous, hang from the walls of the rooms and are a fabulous authentic touch.