Why we like it
- The resort's classical low-rise buildings and tropical gardens are arranged around an idyllic village square complete with Byzantine chapel
- All rooms have balconies and complimentary WiFi. Some suites have private plunge pools on sea-facing terraces
- Anassa's four restaurants include Basiliko, the signature gourmet restaurant offering a la carte
- Mediterranean-Asian fusion cuisine and the poolside Pelagos, with its open show kitchen - the fresh fish is a must
- The Thalassa Spa uses beyond organic ILA, QMS Medicosmetics and marine based OSEA products
On the unspoilt northwest coast of Cyprus, alongside the little town of Polis and the charming fishing village of Latsi, Anassa recreates the relaxed mood of an island village. Tumbling down a secluded hillside towards the blue of the sea, Anassa's whitewashed walls mark it out as an archetype of Mediterranean design.
Inside the rooms and suites are cool elegance - white, clean lines punctuated by well-chosen furniture and accessories. Children are catered for by the Explorers Kids Club for children 4 months to 12 years (please note this is chargeable and pre-booking is recommended), whilst the Baby Go Lightly service ensures all the babycare essentials are available on arrival. Watersports include an array of activities such as sailing, scuba diving and snorkelling.
Away from the resort, the surrounding area abounds with sights and sounds - take a jeep safari into the dazzling Akamas peninsula or a wine-tasting excursion to the Byzantine monastery of Chrysorroyiatissa.