Why we like it
- Located on top of the tiny hill village of Crillon le Brave in the Provence region of France
- Renovated and restored lodgings with beautiful Provencal views
- Enjoy traditional French cuisine at La Madeleine or La Table du Ventoux
- Hotel facilities include a heated swimming pool, authentic boules court, a gym, and Spa des Ecuries
- The vineyards of Châteauneuf-du-Pape, the roman city of Vaison-la-Romaine and the beautiful Lubéron region are all nearby
About Hotel Crillon Le Brave
In true Provencal style, Hotel Crillon Le Brave enjoys a beautiful setting surrounded by vineyards and olive groves just 40 kilometres northeast of Avignon, at the foot of Mont Ventoux. Dating back to the 18th century, the hotel comprises eight old stone houses, many of which were once family dwellings, connected by a network of bridges, alleyways and hidden courtyards. Each of the 28 rooms and seven suites benefit from comfortable Vi-spring beds, crisp Italian linens, Bose Wave systems and complimentary Wi-Fi. Room categories include Suites and Junior Suites, some with terraces and view of Mont Ventoux.
After filling up with a sumptuous breakfast on the terraces of La Table du Ventoux, head out on a cycling trip to Bedoin on one of the hotel's Trek hybrid bikes, take a stroll through the village with one of the walking maps or try the local Ventoux wines at nearby vineyard, Domaine du Tix. Located in the old village stables, Spa des Ecuries is a peaceful and relaxing environment to enjoy a facial or body treatment with Bamford organic products. The cities of Aix-en-Provence and Marseille are 75 minutes away, and the Côte d'Azur and the city of Nice are a 3-hour drive southeast; we recommend spending three to four nights at Crillon Le Brave to ensure enough time to explore and indulge!