Why we like it
- Former headquarters of Dresdner Bank restored to a classic hotel
- Located in the heart of Berlin's Mitte neighbourhood
- 108 spacious rooms and 37 suites individually designed by Olga Polizzi
- Enjoy refined Italian dining at La Banca restaurant
- Luxurious Spa de Rome located in the old vaults
About Hotel de Rome, a Rocco Forte Hotel
Sitting on one of the most important squares in former East Berlin, Hotel de Rome was originally built in 1889 as the headquarters of the Dresdner Bank. Its former life has led to the creation of contemporary 108 rooms in creams, blues and reds plus 37 suites – some with balcony or terrace. Rooms afford views of the peaceful courtyard, St. Hedwig’s Cathedral, the Französische Strasse or the historic Bebelplatz.
La Banca serves Italian cuisine in the heart of Berlin and the Opera Court has the best English afternoon tea in the city during the winter. The luxurious Spa de Rome was once a vault where jewels and gold were stored; today the 20 metre pool, steam room, sauna and gym are perfect for relaxing after a busy day’s sightseeing. In the summer months you can enjoy yoga on the rooftop terrace to start your day in a haven of calm.