Why we like it
- The resort's 251 luxurious bungalows, suites and private villas with infinity pools are dotted along the shore and connected by winding stone pathways
- The Blue Palace enjoys a blessed location, overlooking the sparkling blue waters of the Cretan Pelagos and the isle of Spinalonga with its Venetian fortress
- The resort has five exquisite restaurants, Blue Door Taverna, offering traditional Cretan cuisine, Flame, with a focus on steaks, Isola & Isola Beech club, offer Italian summery salads and fresh seafood & Asia Deep Blue, offering food with a twist. Olea, is where breakfast is served overlooking Spinalonga. Isola Beach Club is where there is often themed nights with a local DJ
- The Elounda Spa & Thalassotherapy centre is a serene hideaway by the sea, where revitalising therapies are based on the properties of sea water
- A Kids Club is open to three to 12 year olds, whilst children's facilities include indoor and outdoor playgrounds, two children's swimming pools, as well as theatre, fishing, painting, and Greek dancing. For teenagers there is plenty of water sports on offer, such as fly boarding and water skiing
- Once a week enjoy complimentary Cretan wine tasting paired with local cheeses
About Blue Palace, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
Nestled on the famed coast of Elounda on the Island of Crete, the Blue Palace Resort offers a luxurious take on island living. Using natural stone materials, blush terracotta and huge expanses of gleaming glass it draws on Minoan and Greek architecture mixing clean lines with arched doorways and domed rooflines.
The resort's bungalows, suites and private villas are immaculate, combining a stylish feel with indigenous natural materials, and open onto gardens rich with olive, locust and palm trees. Scattered around the property in several low rise buildings, they all have sea views.
The Blue Palace has a number of swimming pools, including a large complex of interconnecting pools by the sea. Other facilities include a fitness centre, a 200 metre pebble private beach with decking, and water sports.