Why we like it
- Relais & Chateaux seafront resort with breathtaking views of the Aegean Sea
- Rooms and suites are spread between the Main building with sea view rooms and suites with private balconies or terraces, Bungalows with private pools, Minoan Royal Villas and Minoan Palace with private pools
- Seven superb culinary experiences and five unique bars
- Six Senses Spa creates innovative and enlightening experiences
- Private sandy beach with watersports, a PADI-certified scuba diving centre, canoes, pedaloes, windsurfing equipment as well as a 9-hole par-3 golf course with a Golf Academy with a PGA professional team at the sister and nearby porto elounda GOLF & SPA RESORT (complimentary shuttle service is provided)
About Elounda Mare
Originally built as a Cretan mansion, Elounda Mare Hotel offers traditional architecture and design combined with antique furniture and artwork. The bungalows and villas are scattered throughout the gardens, spacious yet intimate with private seawater pools and enjoy panoramic views of the Bay of Elounda's calm turquoise waters. It has an unparalleled reputation for its attentive and personalised service. With award-winning restaurants, comprehensive leisure facilities and exquisite design, it is the ideal choice for those seeking a relaxing holiday in a serene and intimate setting.
The relaxing atmosphere of the property means that even at the peak of the season, swimming in the large seawater pool, or the children's paddling pool next to it, are usually a private affair. The extended lawns and sundecks along the shoreline are replete with secluded corners. The private sandy Blue Flag beach is lapped by crystal-clear waters. A Sea-sports facility includes waterskiing and SCUBA diving tuition as well as boats for charter. Don't miss the St. Marina Chapel's square for its art gallery. At it's sister property the Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort there is a golf academy, Six Senses Spa and crèche and Children's World with waterpark and a host of activities on offer.