Why we like it
- Consistently voted one of the best hotels in the world due to its unique location
- Master suites are designed and themed after each of the seven continents
- Most rooms have Jacuzzis overlooking the river or Mt Hekla volcano
- The restaurant has an excellent reputation for using mostly local organic produce
- Very well stocked bar and lounge area, perfect for relaxing
About Ranga Lodge
Hotel Ranga is a luxury countryside hotel and the only four star hotel in South Iceland. Offering all the facilities and services of a modern resort, the Ranga is located about an hour from the capital of Reykjavik, in the middle of the south's stunning natural scenery. Around the hotel you'll find many of the island's main attractions, such as Mt Hekla, the famous volcano, several glaciers and the Westman Islands. It's perfect for visits all year round for a true taste of the 'real' Iceland. Located on the banks of Iceland's premiere salmon river, the hotel's restaurant naturally makes good use of the local produce, offering inspired Nordic cuisine with a hint of French and Italian flair.
The accommodation is comfortable and homely, but we love the suites for their eclectic design. Designed and themed around the continents, you may be in Iceland but in your suite you could find yourself in Asia, Australia or Antarctica. The Africa suite is a particular favourite, with its zebra stripes and traditional ceiling. We can arrange with the hotel to have your room set up exactly to your requirements on arrival, whether that's a bath bomb or a birthday cake, and the hotel will even wake you up (gently, of course) should the Northern Lights make an appearance.