Why we like it
- A historical building in the centre of Reykjavík offering plenty of facets to explore
- Nobel Prize winner Halldor Laxness was born here
- The ground floor houses both the Sandholt Bakery (renowned as the country’s best) and Gudsteinn Eyjólfsson’s haberdashery – both are over 100 years old
- Modern designed rooms with contemporary artwork
- Perfectly situated for explore this bustling capital city
Sandhotel is an ideal base for visitors to Reykjavík seeking history and culture, in a modern and high-end setting. This boutique hotel is modern with a twist of heritage, as it is home to Icelandic businesses which are both long-serving and successful.
Many of the rooms offer a wonderful view of daily city life here and they are beautifully decorated in chic Art Deco style, with a cosy ambiance. With wooden floors, it is easy to relax and feel at home from the moment you arrive. There is a small dining area at the hotel serving breakfast and lunch, and for dinner the concierge will point you in the right direction. You are not far from any of the city’s highlights when you stay at Sandhotel. This is a perfect mix of old and new.