Why we like it
- A retreat hotel in northern Iceland
- Floor to ceiling windows in the main areas showcase the dramatic scenery
- Stunning remote location in the beautiful Fljot valley
- Sublime food created by two resident chefs with all ingredients locally farmed and soured
- Guided activities are included within the accommodation price such as hiking, snow shoeing, fat biking, ice fishing, snow sledding cross country skiing, snowmobiling, horseback riding, group whale watching, sea kayaking, surfing and stand up paddle boarding
- The geothermal indoor and outdoor pool with swim up bar
About Deplar Farm
Formerly an 18th-century sheep farm locked in the wilderness of Fljot Valley within the mountainous Troll Peninsula in northern Iceland, Deplar Farm has been converted into a reminder of the possibilities of this century. This modern building still honours the authentic Icelandic architecture with 13 en-suite bedrooms with gorgeous dark-wood exteriors. However, here you can find adventure, solitude, mystery and unsurpassable luxury.
Allow yourself to be spoilt by the incredible facilities; a gym and yoga studio, a whirlpool and massage studio, saltwater flotation tanks, an outside pool (heated to 37 degrees centigrade) with its own bar, a media room with games consoles and movies, a bar with a pool table, dartboard and telescopic binoculars, and so much more.
The Fljot valley sees some of the highest average snowfall on the planet but, being easily accessible from Europe and North America, Deplar Farm offers an entry into otherworldly landscapes without hours of tiresome travelling. As a result, the eastern road is closed all winter, making its remote locale all the more raw and wild. The team of staff here are exceptional and enjoy nothing more than welcoming you to their part of Iceland to show you what makes this place so fascinating.