Why we like it
- Belmond Hotel Caruso enjoys a spectacular cliff top position overlooking the village of Ravello
- Most of the rooms boast sea views and terraces while many also have a private garden
- The hotel's grounds are a haven of relaxation, with palm-shaded, terraced gardens
- Dining options include Caruso, which serving Italian cuisine from its spectacular terrace and the open-air Belvedere Restaurant
- The hotel's sensational cliff top infinity pool has been voted the most romantic in Europe
About Belmond Hotel Caruso
A beautifully intimate property, the restored 11th Century Palace of Belmond Hotel Caruso instantly seduces with magnificent view from the garden. Within a nano-second of arrival it is apparent that the service is flawless.
The 48 spacious guest rooms have been sympathetically restored in keeping with the wider property. Personal touches abound at this hotel. Every room has been individually designed, with furniture in the Neapolitan style exclusively created for the hotel. Every day they are flooded with the scent of fresh flowers, whilst the bathrooms are stocked with Bulgari and Penhaligon's toiletries.
The hotel is ideally placed for visits to Pompeii, which is one of the world's must sees. The secret is to arrive by 8:00am, before the cruise line passengers who arrive in vast numbers at 10:00am. Two hours of private exploration with an A&K guide is just enough time to be immersed in this fascinating archaeological site.
Children are welcomed with activities such as pizza masters, create your own film trailer and travel journal scrapbook making all specifically for younger guests.