Why we like it
- All rooms have their own balcony looking over the Amalfi Coast
- A converted villa on a sweeping cliff side above the ancient town of Amalfi, the Hotel Santa Caterina offers stunning sea views and wonderful gardens
- Two internationally renowned restaurants, one in the main building and the other at sea level, serve classic Amalfi dishes with a brilliant modern twist
- The spa offers a fabulous range of face and body treatments, using essences of Mediterranean herbs and citrus fruits
- The hotel has a lovely swimming pool scalloped into the cliff side, and a private beach which is accessed via elevator
About Hotel Santa Caterina
The Santa Caterina is a late 19th-century liberty-style villa immersed in the beautiful scenery of the Amalfi Coast. Lovingly updated it has the feel of an elegant seaside residence surrounded by colourful sprays of bougainvillea, olive groves and fruit orchards.
Classic Italian interiors, quintessentially Mediterranean architecture and a style echoing villas of Amalfi are the order of the day. The rooms are spacious and filled with light, with floors in antique hand painted majolica, marble bathrooms with brass fixtures, and balconies with views over the Sea of Amalfi or the garden. This is stylish, Mediterranean accommodation at its finest.