Why we like it
- Hotel de Russie is ideally located between the Spanish Steps and Piazza del Popolo, with terraced gardens playing host to a WWF Butterfly Oasis
- Dining options include the Mediterranean delights of Chef Fulvio Pierangelini at Le Jardin de Russie restaurant, loved by guests and locals alike
- The Wellness Zone boasts a spa with marine hydropool, sauna, Turkish steam bath, treatments and gym - the Roman Ritual treatment is a must for tired feet
- The hotel operates a special programme for children
- A&K recommends the City view rooms, whilst the inter-connecting rooms are perfect for families
About Hotel de Russie, a Rocco Forte Hotel
A unique luxury hotel in the heart of Rome, Hotel de Russie is set in extensive, terraced gardens - the 'Secret Garden', which provides a tranquil oasis amidst the bustle of central Rome. After dark, the garden is illuminated by soft lights and, during high season is home to the open air Stravinskij Bar.
Not surprisingly, this secluded hotel is frequented by celebrities and Italian nobles alike - a billing it lives up to with easy. The interiors are all cool, understated style, dominated by soft pastel colours and carefully selected contemporary furnishings, their spacious bathrooms decorated with mosaic tiles and marble.
Hotel de Russie is within easy walking distance of Rome's key attractions, fashion houses and Via Condotti. The Vatican City, with St Peter's and the Sistine Chapel is just a ten-minute walk away, while Piazza Navona and the Trevi Fountain are also within easy reach.