Why we like it
- Situated within the UNESCO-listed Val d'Orcia Natural Park and in the heart of the Brunello di Montalcino wine-making region, Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco is a 4,200-acre country estate ennobled by eight centuries of history
- Designed to reflect the beauty and spirit of Tuscan life, the 23 luxurious Suites and Guestrooms range in size from 540 to 2,500 square feet and are exquisitely furnished by Mr. Massimo and Mrs. Chiara Ferragamo
- The Spa at Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco is a heaven of infinite serenity and gentleness, dominated by earthy shades.
- There are two restaurants on the Estate; choose from the traditional Osteria La Canonica which offers a more casual and rustic dining experience or the Ristorante Campo Del Drago, the evening-only restaurant that offers an elegant yet informal full immersion in Tuscan food and wine culture in a setting of rare beauty
- A range of activities and onsite events including truffle hunting with the dogs, landscape painting, astronomy nights below the Tuscan stars and guided wine tours and tastings.
About Rosewood Castiglion Del Bosco
Situated in the heart of Tuscany's Brunello winemaking region, Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco is one of Tuscany's largest contiguous estates. It is located in the Val d'Orcia, 12 km from the Province of Siena and just 95 km south of Florence. During your stay here you will experience sophisticated yet relaxed living, sumptuous suites and villas combined with a seamless and unobtrusive service.
The estate is beautifully situated and has seen many changes in its 800-year history, yet in essence it has changed very little. Scattered across the property are remnants of a rich past: a circular Etruscan stronghold dating back to 600 BC, a 12th century castle fortress, ruins of an early Gothic chapel (c. 900 BC) and Chiesa di San Michele Arcangelo, with its spectacular Lorenzetti fresco. Today, Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco is a completely restored Estate with a focus on the land, the wine, the history. The debut of Il Borgo offers a fortunate few a limited opportunity to taste the exquisite lifestyle that can only be experienced here.
Ten luxury villas have been created from rustic farmhouses, and feature warm, antique furnishings surrounding wood burning fireplaces. With private heated swimming pools, tennis courts and panoramic outdoor terraces, the villas can cater for up to 12 people, making them ideal for large families and groups of friends.
Occupying the village's former wine cellars, it features La Prairie treatments and products alongside a selection of products developed with naturally derived ingredients. The Spa at Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco offers five treatment rooms, one of which is reserved for couples, plus a sauna and a steam bath.