Why we like it
- The Cipriani's walled compound sits in splendid isolation on the very tip of Giudecca, where it overlooks the island church of San Giorgio Maggiore and the Venetian Lagoon
- All the rooms and suites have views over the lagoon and hotel gardens
- Dining options include the Cipriani Restaurant, with its exquisite selection of Venetian specialties, and the Cip's Club, which serves pizza from a wood-burning oven, as well as local Venetian food. The poolside restaurant is open for lunch
- The Casanova Wellness Centre offers treatments inspired by Asian techniques, and a special mothers and daughters programme
- The heated, Olympic sized swimming pool is the only one of its kind in Venice, and is set amongst flowering gardens
About Belmond Hotel Cipriani
Four minutes by private launch from San Marco, on the tip of Giudecca Island, this iconic Belmond hotel commands unrivalled views of the lagoon and Doge's Palace. Steeped in Venetian style, it is known for interiors decorated with local artefacts, classic cuisine with an innovative twist, and the most fabulous swimming pool in the city.
Accordingly, it is one of Venice's most celebrated hotels, where the wonderful accommodation is set amongst lush, flowering gardens. The main hotel has a range of sumptuous rooms and suites. Similarly, Palazzo Vendramin, a 15th-century residence linked to the Hotel Cipriani through an ancient courtyard and a passageway lined by flowers, is home to some of the most beautifully appointed accommodation in the city.
After a day of exploration or relaxation, the hotel bars - the Piano Bar Gabbiano, the San Giorgio Bar, and the Poolside Bar - are perfect spots to soak up the last of the sun, aperitif in hand.
The Cipriani has a wealth of facilities for children, including the Smile Club open from April to September, children's pool, a children's welcome pack and children's menus. Other facilities include a fitness centre, tennis court and private boat, whilst golf and cultural excursions are available nearby.