Why we like it
- The Londra Palace is located a few steps away from the Doge's Palace and the Bridge of Sighs on the Riva degli Schiavoni waterfront
- The rooms all boast magnificent views of the city or lagoon
- The Do Leoni restaurant is a hotel highlight serving light contemporary cuisine, seafood and Venetian specialities by the lagoon
- The hotel's cocktail bar can only be described as groovy, with white leather bucket chairs and bar stools with a splendid veranda
- A&K recommends the Deluxe Rooms, which all overlook St Mark's Basin
About Londra Palace
This elegant property, a member of Relais & Chateaux, dates back to 1860 and once played host to Tchaikovsky - in fact he composed the first three movements of his Fourth Symphony during his stay. Spot the music score on frosted glass by the grand piano.
The Londra Palace stands along the Riva degli Schiavoni, just a few steps from St. Mark's Square and the Doge's Palace and offers enchanting views of St. Mark's Basin and the city. Its white Istria stone façade gives way to 53 neo-classical guest rooms, individually appointed with Biedermeier furnishings and fabric wall coverings. The Junior Suites are light and airy, some boast a balcony, a terrace, or a hideaway whirlpool bathtub.
This hotel is ideal for families as some of the rooms are inter-connecting.