Why we like it
- Beautifully restored 1920s cabins with plush furnishings, fresh linens, and Art Deco furniture
- 24-hour butler service for each of the grand suites
- Chef Jean Imbert’s table d'hôte menu will take you back to the golden age of travel
- Double cabins that adapt from a private lounge during the day to comfortable bedroom at night with bunk beds
- Choice of routes linking up iconic European destinations (see below)
- Our top tip: follow the sound of the baby grand to the iconic Bar Car '3674' and toast your journey with a champagne cocktail among new friends
All routes include
- Four-course dinner paired with wines
- Brunch or lunch
- Dedicated steward service
About Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
Return to the golden age of travel with a journey across Europe on board the legendary Venice Simplon-Orient-Express. Step into a world of enduring glamour reflected in the opulent private cabins and dining experiences aboard this Art Deco icon.
As you watch the wonders of Europe unfold – from the waterways of Venice to vineyards of France – take your seat and prepare to be wined and dined like never before. “Unapologetic extravagance” is the order of the day; stewards in trademark blue uniforms with gold piping are never far away, from the moment they bring you breakfast in bed to your pre-dinner aperitif.
Stay in one of the grand suites complete with marquetry, marbled en-suite bathrooms, and convenience of a 24-hour butler. The plush furnishings and glassware reflect the style of famed French designers Dufrêne and Lalique in these original 1920s cabins.
At the heart of all grand tours is fine cuisine. On board you will find exquisite dining experiences prepared by world renowned chefs. Chef Jean Imbert brings his passion for infusing seasonal produce to the menu featuring caviar, lobster, and selection of fine cheeses in one of the three individually styled restaurant cars – Côte d’Azur, Etoile du Nord and L'Oriental.
As the sun sets on another iconic landscape from Istanbul to London, this is the time to head to the Bar Car '3674' to meet like-minded travellers accompanied by live music as you wind your way across this great continent.