Why we like it
- Travel in original 1920s carriages with their Lalique glass panels, wood burning stoves and Art Deco marquetry. Experience the beauty of a bygone era where everything was elegant and time seems to be endless
- Journeys are available to include Budapest, Istanbul, Prague to name a few
- The Venice - London train travels through the scenery of the Italian Dolomites and Swiss Alps
- Compartments converts effortlessly from a private lounge into a bedroom with upper and lower berths, a washbasin and a toilet at the end of each carriage
- The stylish Bar Car is the heart of the Orient-Express and is famous for its fabulous cocktails and welcoming atmosphere
- The Grand Suites, new for 2017, offer private bathrooms (with showers), double beds & a living area. Offering the ultimate in style and comfort.
About Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
A work of art in itself and a true Art Deco icon, the legendary Venice Simplon-Orient-Express offers a journey unlike any other. Step aboard and you enter a more gracious, elegant age of travel. Delightful vintage cabins, gastronomic cuisine and lively on-board entertainment make a journey aboard this iconic train one of the world's finest travel experiences-a sequence of unforgettable moments as the beautiful countryside passes by outside.
Gourmet cuisine prepared by French chefs is served in one of the three individually styled Restaurant Cars - Cote d'Azur, Etoile du Nord or L'Oriental Breakfast and afternoon tea are served in the train's luxury cabins.
Attentive cabin stewards are on hand to cater for every need. Overnight the train travels towards Paris, with breakfast served in your compartment, and then on towards the French coast for the Channel crossing. Finally, guests board the cream and umber British Pullman, enjoying afternoon tea and champagne before arriving into London Victoria.