Why we like it
- Located in Hafslo, the BesteBakken boasts incredible views overlooking Lake Hafslo.
- A boutique hotel, all 15 rooms at BesteBakken are individually decorated and furnished.
- Indulge in delicious, fresh cuisine inspired by local ingredients or gathered from the hotel’s very own garden.
- Staying active has never been easier with a wide range of outdoor activities available, including hiking and kayaking.
- Lounge in the outdoor jacuzzi whilst enjoying the stunning scenery.
Situated on a hillside in Hafslo village, by the Sognefjord, this charming boutique hotel offers a tranquil retreat from everyday life, surrounded by a wealth of natural beauty. BesteBakken is ideally placed for experiencing the outdoors whether that be through a mountain climbing excursion or a peaceful spot of fishing. The hotel consists of 15 intricately decorated rooms, all feature handcrafted beds and high quality linen, promising a comfortable stay.
Originally a small mountain farm, you can feel the warm, homely ambience throughout the hotel. Pamper the day away with a soothing massage at the Spa or unwind inside the warmth of the Sauna. Treat yourself to unique BesteBakken products including tea, homemade soaps and skin-care lotion. For those who are feeling creative, arts and crafts workshops are available. If you wish to explore further, the Urnes Stave Church stands a 40-minute drive away and is a spectacular example of traditional Scandinavian wooden architecture.