Why we like it
- Sumptuous five-star hotel in the heart of Oslo
- Only Norwegian member of the Leading Hotels of the World
- Located opposite the National Theatre, the hotel is just a stone's throw from many of the city's main sights
- 155 elegant rooms and suites
- The Viennese-style Theatercaféen is one of Oslo's best-loved and most atmospheric restaurants.
About Hotel Continental, Oslo
Located in the heart of Oslo, just a few minutes stroll from the Royal Palace gardens and the shopping and restaurants of Aker Brygge, Hotel Continental provides a luxurious base from which to explore Norway's lively capital. Housed in a unique triangular-shaped building, its interiors are elegant and contemporary. In the lobby bar you'll find the world's largest private collection of Edvard Munch artwork (lithographs of course, the originals are tucked away in a bank vault).
The 155 rooms and suites are beautifully-appointed with calm neutral tones, contemporary art, large windows and big comfy beds. For beautiful views over the Oslo fjord, opt for the Abel or Continental Suite. Tooted by the New York Times as one of the world's ten most famous cafés, dinner at opulent and exuberant Theatercaféen is an absolute must. Portraits of renowned past and present patrons adorn the walls, and the menu is based on the best seasonal ingredients. We're still dreaming about the signature steak tartare.