Why we like it
- A renowned and respected company, Hurtigruten has been cruising the beautiful Norwegian fjords since 1893
- Embark on a journey known as 'The World's most beautiful sea voyage', taking you to places that larger ships are unable to reach
- Experience the beauty of Norway's untouched coastline with the possibility of viewing the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis)
- Many of the ships guides are local, sharing information of the Norwegian history and culture
- Travel to the panorama lounge on the top deck for magnificent views of the surrounding nature
After featuring in Norwegian TV channel NRK's documentary "Hurtigruten - Minute by Minute", the MS Nordnorge has become famous throughout the nation; 3.2 million viewers watched her five and a half day journey from Bergen to Kirkenes. Named after the most northerly section of Norway, this vessel has also undergone many memorable adventures at the opposite end of the globe, sailing the seas of Antarctica from 2002-2007. Now back home, she sails the Norwegian fjords once more.
Recently refurbished, the MS Nordnorge favours a minimalistic design featuring natural colours and stylish wooden interiors. Choose from standard and superior cabins with either traditional porthole windows on lower decks or large panoramic windows on the higher decks. If you are looking for a little more luxury, the spacious suites boast a separate seating area, TV and minibar, while the lavish Grand Suites feature private balconies.
Admire passing scenery from the warm bubbly waters of the Jacuzzi or from the comfort of the Panorama Lounge through the large picture windows. When the ship docks, hire out one of the on-board bicycles and explore some of the local communities, many of which rely upon Hurtigruten ships for supplies and transport to this day.