Why we like it
- The spa features treatments by Elemis with a Algarvian twist
- Families are welcomed with fun dining experiences, kids’ playground and creative clubs for kids and teenagers
- Enjoy a Portuguese culinary journey with a cooking class at Spice Spoons
- Enjoy yoga or tai chi on the terrace of the indoor swimming pool overlooking the beautiful grounds
- A Fado singer performs nightly bringing an authentic local ambience
About Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort
This 280-room hotel is Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas first foray into Europe. Despite the brand’s Far-Eastern heritage, this hotel places on emphasis on authenticity. Journey through the hotel’s collection of contemporary Portuguese sculptures, artworks and installations – it creates a real sense of place.
Located a ten-minute drive from buzzy Vilamoura Marina, this hotel overlooking the Arnold Palmer-designed Victoria Golf Course and has a tranquil outlook. All rooms and suites offer a garden, pool or fairway view.
Water babies will love the five swimming pools – including an adults’ only and a children’s pool. The fitness area offers more than just machines – trainers are on hand to offer advice and put guests through their paces. The contemporary spa’s range of traditional treatments will cure most ails. For golfers, there is on-site storage and private transfers to all the local 30 courses. Tip and advice can be gleaned from in-house golf guru.
Food-wise, Emo dishes up contemporary Portuguese cuisine. Ria restaurant serves local seafood. Cascades pool bar provides drinks and snacks throughout the day. Dining by Design is a private-chef experience. And that’s just half of available options.
Children can be booked into a range of facilities including: the adventure crèche for kids up to 3; the adventure kids’ club, for unique activities that focus on local culture and tradition; and the over 12s have The Hub, which provides challenging fun.